Cysteine Complex Q&A
1. Why is Cysteine Complexthe best choice?
A: It offers a natural way to restore and transform hair. Often times stylists use too much of those harsh chemical treatments which results in harmful smoke and fumes that can disrupt the atmosphere of any salon and cause harm to clients. Cysteine Complex uses all-natural ingredients,
so absolutely no harm comes from performing a service. Only 1-2 ounces of Cysteine Complex per head is needed to achieve amazing straight results. Because so little product is needed, oversaturation that causes humidity to evaporate off of the hair can easily be avoided. Applying the correct amount of product will control the amount of humidity that evaporates
2. Is Cysteine Complex a Keratin Treatment or a Relaxer?
A: Cysteine Complex is a non-formaldehyde Keratin Treatment that reduces 70% curl volume on Caucasian hair and 50-60% curl volume on ethnic hair.
3. Can Cysteine Complex be used on any hair type, regardless of its level of porosity?
A: In situations where hair’s health is in question, the client consultation is especially important. Cysteine Complex will not damage hair, but the heat applied when bonding the product to that hair can. This is where stylist’s discretion comes into play. If hair is fine, weak, bleached, or damaged, we recommend a
250°F-300°F heat setting. For normal to coarse hair, we recommend a 350°F-410°F heat setting.
4. Can the Cysteine Complex be placed over relaxers?
A: Yes, the Cysteine can be applied over any relaxer. When applying Cysteine Complex over any other Keratin Treatment make sure that it has been at least 2 months from the application of previous treatment.
5. Should Cysteine Complex be applied before or after a color service?
A: We recommend that Cysteine Complex be done after a color service. Because color opens the hair’s cuticle, we recommend replacing the use of Pure Deep Cleansing Shampoo with MuruMuru Anti-Frizz Keratin Shampoo.
6. Can a client go swimming in a pool or the ocean with Cysteine Complex on their hair?
A: For the first two days, we recommend letting the hair settle. When clients go in the sun and water we recommend they use KerAcaì to protect the hair from the sun’s harmful rays and to prevent Cysteine Complex from fading.
7. Can Cysteine Complex be used on children?
A: We recommend using Cysteine Complex on children 12 and over.
8. Can Cysteine Complex be used on pregnant women?
A: Though we have not experienced any problems, we recommend they consult with their doctor.
9. How long will Cysteine Complex last in the hair?
A: Aftercare and maintenance is essential to the life of the treatment. Recommending MuruMuru Anti-Frizz Keratin Shampoo and Conditioner along with KerAcaì will help extend the life of Cysteine Complex and protect their investment. Cysteine Complex lasts an average of 3-6 months.
10. Can I swim in the pool or in the ocean?
A: Let the product settle into the hair for the first 2 days. Using the Keracai before you swim and while you tan in the sun will help protect the Cysteine from fading. Keracai will also reconstruct the hair by protecting it from free radicals and the sun’s harmful rays.
11. Why should I use the MuruMuru shampoo and conditioner over other sulfate free shampoos and conditioners?
A: The MuruMuru Shampoo and condition are specifically formulated to work in conjunction with the Cysteine complex. These products are infused with pure keratin. Every time you shampoo your hair with the MuruMuru system, you are depositing a fine layer of Keratin on the hair, thus prolonging the life of
12. Can I recommend the MuruMuru system to my clients that don’t do the Cysteine?
A: Yes. These products are great for everyone. On hair treated with the Cysteine complex or any other Keratin Treatment, the MuruMuru helps prolong the life of your client’s investment. On any other hair type, the fine layer of keratin deposited will coat the cuticle of the hair shaft, sealing the cuticle and providing a fizz free, luxurious finish.
13. What styling products can I use to blow dry my hair once I do the treatment?
A: We recommend using the keacai as a base product before applying any other styling product on the hair. The KeAcai creates a moisture barrier between alcohol based products such as mousse or gel and protects the hair from thermal styling. Also, anytime you use keracai it deposits a fine layer of keratin to
the hair, protecting and nourishing each hair strand and prolonging the life of your Cysteine Treatment.
14. Why would a client’s hair lighten during the Cysteine Complex?
A: The high PH of the Pure Shampoo works in conjunction with the low PH of the Cysteine Complex. There are several reasons why the hair may go lighter.
15. Can Cysteine complex be applied on African American hair textures?
A: The Cysteine Complex works incredibly well on ethnic hair textures. Leaving the hair smooth, silky with luster and shine.
16. Why should I use the Cysteine Complex over any other Chemical treatment?
A: Cysteine Complex is a natural, effective, chemical free way of naturally restoring and transforming chemically treated hair to a manageable, luxurious finish. Cysteine Complex conditions, restores and transforms bringing vitality and shine to natural and chemically treated hair. Stop the Chemical addiction and try our natural alternative, for a better earth and a greener YOU!
17. What hair types is Cysteine Complex best for?
A: Cysteine Complex is ideal for all hair types in need of a healthy frizz-free transformation!